Yep you read that right after yesterdays shenanigans I am now famous, or to spell it correctly famoose!
Well that of course is not true in any sense but it sure as hell was an exciting day, luckily I was prepared today for being back to “normal” and had no expectations of a repeat performance. This is an important step for me though because usually I would have been on a complete negative day today trying to live up to the figures of yesterday.
It appears I am finally making progress with the negativity that plagues me!
Of all the symptoms of depression this is my biggest challenge, trying to fight the inner demons of feeling like a failure and so this week I make a pact with myself to focus on the positive of everything that I attempt for the whole of the week.
It is a big challenge but one I am determined to do because I feel it will help me the most with my recovery if I can remain positive, or at the very least be more positive than negative.
It will involved looking at things from an entirely new perspective but should be an interesting opportunity to really take stock of how far I have come in 6 months.
Here is a top 10 list of things I can be positive about in the 6 months since my diagnosis
- Helping other people with depression
- Inspiring people to write blogs to help themselves
- Attempting to raise money for Mind through Stepping into the Light – Poems from the Darkness book
- Learning how to self publish books
- Learning how to communicate with my wife about my problems
- Asking for help when I need it
- Making new friends via WordPress, Facebook and Twitter – more new friends in a real sense not a gaming friend who I never speak to.
- Letting go of things from my past that have held me back – like visiting my Uncles old home
- Being open and honest about my illness instead of holding it all in
- Accepting that I have an illness and trying to beat it rather than wallowing in the self pity state I lived in for 18 months previously
Thats not bad for starters is it?
And best of all I can still accept yesterday as a great day without it impacting on the rest of my week and how I feel.
Onwards and Upwards folks for tomorrow is a new day and with it comes new challenges.